Loan Prospector Sign Up
Third-Party Originator > Sponsored Access
If you are a licensed originator of mortgage loans who will submit loans through a wholesale lender's system, you must sign up to establish a Loan Prospector third-party originator (TPO) number and affiliation with that lender. By using this sign-up method, you represent that you have an established and ongoing business relationship with one or more approved Freddie Mac Seller/Servicers.
Loan Prospector now requires the use of merged credit for all new customers.
Please review the information below before beginning the online sign-up process. It will help ensure that your request is processed quickly and efficiently.
1. Loan Prospector TPO Numbers
- If you do not have a TPO Number: You must complete the sign-up process to receive a Loan Prospector TPO number and password for submitting loans through your sponsoring wholesale lender's system.
- If you already have a TPO number: Please provide it when you sign-up. This may greatly reduce the amount of information you need to provide during the sign up process. Even if you already have a Loan Prospector TPO number you must complete the sign up process to affiliate your TPO number to your new sponsoring wholesale lender.
- If you are not sure whether or not you have a TPO number: Please contact our customer service representatives at 888 LP ON WEB [576-6932]. When calling please have your company name, address and tax identification number available so we can assist you promptly.
2. Important Sign-Up Reminders:
- You must have your sponsoring wholesale lender's Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer number to complete the sign-up process.
- If your wholesale lender has provided you with an identification number, you will be asked to provide it during the sign-up process.
- You must provide an e-mail address for your organization's designated point of contact. This individual will receive all communications regarding your sign up.
- In order to access merged credit through Loan Prospector, you will need to directly contact and sign up with the participating credit reporting companies (CRCs) or technical affiliates that your sponsoring wholesale lender uses once you receive your TPO number.
Even if you have existing relationships with the CRCs, in order to use Loan Prospector's Merged Credit Report Options, you must specifically update your account with your TPO number to access merged credit reports and/or Merged Credit Reference Numbers through Loan Prospector.
3. Sign Up
You are now ready to begin the online sign-up process. Please complete this secure sign-up form.
Complete all the fields/screens to conclude the Loan Prospector online sign-up process. Please print and document your confirmation number.
Once you have completed the sign-up process, please remember to log in to LoanProspector.com at least once every 90 days to avoid deactivating your user ID.
If you have any questions or need any assistance during the sign-up process please contact Loan Prospector customer service at 888 LP ON WEB [576-6932].